Tuesday, October 26, 2004

"The Wired CD"

So, the November issue of Wired Magazine came into my snail-mailbox yesterday. As usual, I got right to reading it- and much to my delight, it contained a CD titled "The Wired CD". Totally free- why? Because the musicians that contributed to it use an excellent license; the same one that I use for my software. The creative commons license allows for you to share, burn, copy, and even incorporate the music into your own work- pretty sweet.

So, now for the CD itself. It's got sixteen tracks, and beleive it or not, some of them are pretty good. I particularly like the one by David Byrne. Unfortunately, it also has the scourge of music as we know it- that's right. Rap. That's alright, though- I recommend you check out the CD, considering that it's totally free. Nothing to lose!

The Wired CD
:01 Beastie Boys/ Now Get Busy
:02 David Byrne/ My Fair Lady
:03 Zap Mama/ Wadidyusay?
:04 My Morning Jacket/ One Big Holiday
:05 Spoon/ Revenge!
:06 Gilberto Gil/ Oslodum
:07 Dan the Automator/ Relaxation Spa Treatment
:08 Thievery Corporation/ DC 3000
:09 Le Tigre/ Fake French
:10 Paul Westerberg/ Looking Up in Heaven
:11 Chuck D with Fine Arts Militia/ No Meaning No
:12 The Rapture/ Sister Saviour (Blackstrobe Remix)
:13 Cornelius/ Wataridori 2
:14 Danger Mouse & Jemini/ What U Sittin' On? (starring Cee Lo and Tha Alkaholiks)
:15 DJ Dolores/ Oslodum 2004
:16 Matmos/ Action at a Distance


Note: This is my first CD review- I'll likely be using this blog to review CDs, movies, books, games, or whatever the hell I want. Please, comment, tell me what you think of my style, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home